IACTP is an international professional association of trainers, training administrators, and educators representing all aspects of the field of adult and juvenile justice. IACTP was established in 1974 and provides its members with:
- An Annual Trainers’ Conference
- Yearly awards of excellence for outstanding agencies and programs in the field of criminal justice training
- Exceptional workshops presented by leaders in criminal justice training
- Networking opportunities with trainers from all fields of criminal justice
- Vendors exhibiting the latest in criminal justice technology, services and equipment
- A quarterly journal, The Correctional Trainer
- A member’s only listserv providing global access to criminal justice professionals
- And a voluntary trainer’s certification program
Vision of IACTP
The International Association of Correctional Training Personnel’s Vision is to lead correctional training into the next Century.
Mission of IACTP
The International Association of Correctional Training Personnel enhances public safety and the fair and humane treatment of offenders by promoting organizational and individual excellence in the profession of training.
The IACTP Trainers’ Code of Ethics stresses the importance IACTP places upon ethical conduct.
IACTP Bylaws NOV 2014- are available online.
For a tour of what IACTP is all about simply view this informative slideshow.